tirsdag 16. november 2010

Dear Diary

Today my living hell has started for real. My dearest Natasha was taken away from us – me, my husband and our two left children. A man dressed in suit driving a fancy car, appeared in our backyard forcing my little daughter at the age of ten into his hands. He said he had the right to do it. He had some papers telling us that he was only following the law of Australia, the law that has given the government a privilege to take Aboriginal children away from their parents against their desire. I can’t believe this is how the world is like! As a matter of fact we, the native people of Australia, are treated worse than animals. I feel like a stunted offspring, which I know I’m not! We are just as good as the white people, perhaps better. We’ve got some respect to other creatures, at least. We wouldn’t treat them like they are treating us. It’s not humanly! Just because we have colored skin, dark hair and live whit and of the nature, they are looking at us like we are some kind of monkeys. What have we done wrong for deserving such a cruel destiny like this? And my dearest Natasha, what life is she going to get? Is the man going to place her at any cruel reservation, or in the house of a white family? And will I ever get the chance to see her again? Will she turn into an English-speaking person, and then her Aboriginal distinctive stamps will disappear forever? I’m so broken. It feels like the stupid man took a piece of my heart while kidnapping my child lovely girl. How am I going to live without her? She was my pearl, the pearl of my heart.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar