mandag 11. oktober 2010

My travel blog, POST 1

Finally my journey to great India started off. The whole trip towards this gigantic country, with a flag painted in orange, white, green and blue, was wonderful. My plane was in time, strange enough, and my hotel room is like a paradise. There is incense everywhere, and the pillows in my bed are so soft. I’m in a real Indian mood, and I really enjoy being here already!

This country is so much larger in real life than on the television. India is one of the biggest countries in the world. Geographically it can be divided into three different types of landscapes; the Himalayas in the northern part, the Indian-northern plain-landscape and the plateau-landscape in the southern-part. During my little journey I am going to stay in New Delhi, the capital of India, and it is situated in the plain-landscape area. The climate over here is quite hot, as well. India lies in the temperate- and tropic climate zone, and that pretty much explains the heat! I almost couldn’t believe my own eyes and feelings when I arrived here! It was so hot, and there were colors everywhere; red, blue, yellow, green, and even orange. And the houses in this city are so large! Skyscrapers tall as mountains, houses wide as football grounds, and streets long as rivers – it isn’t for nothing that this country is famous for its distinctive stamps. Moreover, the famous river Ganges runs through the country. This river is the most secret thing for the Hindus living all over the world. A Hindu’s biggest wish is to visit Ganges once during his/her life. That’s a pretty amazing thought! I hopefully am going to visit it myself during this stay. See you tomorrow. Now it’s bedtime!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar