tirsdag 19. oktober 2010

My travel blog, POST 2

Today I’ve been walking around in this beautiful city. There are so many different shops out there! I almost went crazy. Grocer men trying to get you as his customer while offering an offer after another offer eagerly. They hang out of cars, windows and even backyards. To sum up; they were everywhere! Pretty cute, though. And I have to admit that I felt very special out there, and especially popular among those crazy bananas. The fact that Indian women dress all covered up with their costumes, which in my opinion can be compared to a rolled up curtain, doesn’t make me feel normal at all down here. The people I passed during my little shopping looked at me like I was nude. It’s not normal for a woman to walk in the streets of India wearing a t-shirt and knee-short shorts for the inhabitants. The Indian culture is a bit fascinating, though. They listen to Hindustani, which is a type of music that contains of spiritual inspiration, cultural expression and pure entertainment. I could hear that funny sound in every shop I visited, by the way. Moreover, there are lots of different cultures in India, and each one of them has their own traditions. In spite of this, the food is pretty much the same all over the country. Spicy, tasteful and exotic describes the food pretty good, I think.

When you travel abroad, those people you leave at home expect you to bring them something back when you return. So I went on an Indian local shop to buy some real Indian presents for my beloved, pampered folks back home. The grocer man showed me a sculpture made of tree. It looked like Mahatma Gandhi, India’s biggest pride. Gandhi is known as the Father Of Nations. He was a stellar role in India’s freedom struggle. The grocer man told me that his real name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, and that he was born the 2. of October in 1869. I also learned that one of his most famous phrase is “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes”. What an informative day! And of course I had to buy that sculpture. See you later!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar